Friday, January 16, 2009

Who Risked Their Sacred Honors?

We have more than a social contract with each other through our Constitution. You and I and all of us have a sacred covenant between and among our selves. When we do not honor, uphold, enforce, and support our laws we dishonor our sacred covenant. We need to honor and uphold our agreement until we formally and honorably decide to change that agreement. If we do not enforce our laws until we agree to change them, we are not we. It takes a while to destroy a we.
I saw in 1954 that our immigration laws were not enforced. Now I see the rich and powerful openly scoff at our immigration laws. Where is the we in that? Where the honor? Where the sacred?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive