Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Starting in Colombia

Joesph T. K. Korzenioski's pen name was Joseph Conrad, wasn't it? Is it true that this same Korzeniosko shipped on the Saint Antoine to Colombia and there acted as an arms dealer?

What is there interesting to know about President Aquileno Parra and General Rafael Reyes of Colombia? Were later day Parras in the colombian foreign service?

Do you still call Bogota, Santa Fe?

To counteter balance all of my questions, I'll offer what seems to be a fact. by 1824, Commodore Johann Bernard Elbers registered the Fidelity. That old steamboat was the first to regularly sail the Magdalena River.

Tell me something interesting about Elbers.

Do you remember watching anyone somking with the lit end of the cigarette in their mouth?

Factoid: An excellent way to destroy a river is by allowing uncontrolled deforestatin along its length. Poorly controled deforestation works the destrucction quite well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive