Friday, January 16, 2009

Icelandic DNA

A few years ago while in Iceland and speaking of Icelandic history, I was told the the first Norsemen on the island found Irishmen already there. It was said that they were "mostly monks living in caves."

Well, on the radio today I heard part of an investigation recently carried out in Iceland. It seems that the investigation consisted mostly of DNA testing. The Testing included testing DNA found in teeth going back a thousand years.

The upshot is that the DNA of past and present Icelanders is more similar to that of a Scott or Irishman than that of a Dane or Norwegian.

I knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive