Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cinnamon

Leaves of Cinnamon, Pithoragarh, Himalayas, IndiaImage via Wikipedia

Cinnamon, it seems, may refer to more than one spice. More probably, there have been four species of cinnamon known since classical times. It is most often as type of evergreen tree. In earlier times it was found mostly in southern China, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and India.

Cinnamon is known as a 'fundamental herb' in classical Chinese pharmacology. It now seems that most types of cinnamon combat the diabetic effects o sugar.

My grandmother's cinnamon toast was probably a wise and healthful idea. It may be a good idea to use cinnamon with sugar whenever it doesn't seem too weird to do so.

Please help me to update us on the health effects of cinnamon. Is "cassia" another name for cinamon?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive