Saturday, September 26, 2009

Another Breathing Exercise

Breathing exercises are often associated with meditation or relaxation. They may help in lowering blood pressure. I might feel better if I'd complete a couple of breathing exercise each. I do attend a bit more to my breathing than I once did and seem to be better for doing so.

Here is a exercise I've tried, but not done regularly. Allow me to address it to you.
a) lie on your back,knees up, feet flat on floor. Support head and shoulders on a pillow.
b) Relax. Breathe slowly and deeply through the nose, allowing the air to fill the lower part of your lungs. In doing so push abdomen downward and upward so that it appears to rise above the level of your chest. See that the air is allowed to flow to the bottom of your lungs.
c) Once the lower portion of your lungs is filled with air, hold the position for a few seconds, and then slowly contract the abdomen and lower the ribs, exhaling strongly at the same time.
d) Try counting to, say, 4 as you inhale, 2 as you hold, and 6 as you exhale.
e) Continue this round for 10 to 15 times.

Within the posts on this site you will find other breathing exercises which might please you.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive