"Mindfulness" is a excellent way of saying 'awareness' which many English speaking Buddhists use.
Mindfulness or awareness practice is a way to take some time to consciously be here now. When am I?
Some practical practices may include:
1. attending to your feet while grocery shopping;
2. attending to how you are sitting at the computer;
3. considering the nature or state of your "I" as you go through a door;
4. changing the the way you brush your teeth or put on your shoes;
5. while waiting, attend to your breath;
6. while doing an everyday task, attend to each little step;
7. take a deep breath, look around and see what is there;
8. when you find yourself getting irritated, smile.
Katinka jingled the mindfulness bell and the above came to mind.
Errors and foolishnesses are mine.
Since last I posted - Lots of activity has kept me away from my blog. To sum things up: we've moved from our home of the past 25+ years and have moved to a new retirement communit...
1 year ago