Monday, November 23, 2009

Inspired by and 'Stolen' from "All Considering" blog

"Mindfulness" is a excellent way of saying 'awareness' which many English speaking Buddhists use.

Mindfulness or awareness practice is a way to take some time to consciously be here now. When am I?

Some practical practices may include:
1. attending to your feet while grocery shopping;
2. attending to how you are sitting at the computer;
3. considering the nature or state of your "I" as you go through a door;
4. changing the the way you brush your teeth or put on your shoes;
5. while waiting, attend to your breath;
6. while doing an everyday task, attend to each little step;
7. take a deep breath, look around and see what is there;
8. when you find yourself getting irritated, smile.

Katinka jingled the mindfulness bell and the above came to mind.
Errors and foolishnesses are mine.

1 comment:

  1. I would appreciate it if you would link to my original blogpost here. http://www.allconsidering.com/2009/10-mindfulness-exercises/

    ReplyDelete

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive