Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Earliest Europeans In North America, Speculation

I was speculating about some of the earliest Europeans to arrive in North America. I was thinking that at first their number was very small and that their arms little better than those they found in use here.
Their bow and arrow technology was frequently no better than that which the found here. The did sometimes bring swords that were in many case superior to native spears and clubs, but the usually did not bring with them the high smithing technology need to make a new sword. And they seldom brought the needed knowledge of metal extraction.

Even in later days a Spanish colonist without horse or armor was about on par with native warriors. It was often lance against lance and bow against bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive