Sunday, August 16, 2009

Get Understanding Now

Let me warn you that I intend to act like a teacher. You can call me Profe.

I was going to call this "You U." but that seems a bit grand.

What I intend to offer is suggestions.
I suggest that you get understanding now.

"Understanding" is the key word. It is an activity. One needs to do it. "To get" is also an action. By "Now" I mean here and now in this time and place where everything happens.

Understanding may be analyzed in a variety of ways. For now let's say that it is made up of awareness, practice, and mastery. Much understanding can come to seem hollow if it does not proceed from self-understanding. We seem to begin in an egocentric universe.

We can't understand everything and we don't have to understand anything. We do understand some things and I suggest that we set about understanding some more. So, we need to exercise our power of choice. Since my reason and a number of wise beings suggest that it is best to "know thyself" first, I choose that.

Some things you might try as ways to start to raise your level of awareness are:
~ explore how your body functions, including how it relates to your feelings and thoughts
~ witness your your emotions and see how they relate to your body and mind, including patterns in their happening.
~ observe your thoughts and note how the effect your actions and feelings
~ take some psychological, academic, and physical tests to see what they tell you
~ check out what others have learned about body, emotions, and mind.

Sounds like the course work for a BA in Self. Forget that. You can only do one thing at a time, so it seems best to choose only one thing at a time.
Oh, oh! For me, that's a bit of a problem. I'm coming to believe that there is no such thing as thing.

I'll give you an assignment. Do the following:
~ consider your meaning for 'awareness'
~ check out an other's understanding of awareness
~ try directing your awareness
~ try directing your awareness to your body
~ direct your attention to a small part of your body (nothing naughty)
~ try to make up your mind to pay more attention to what is going on with your body
~ consider getting a notebook in which to note your discoveries and your questions.

Good for you! You have raised your consciousness.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive