Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Notes from Camp Thunderbird and Nearby

There is always 'greasewood' and some kind of cholla nearby.
Haven't seen a tortis in the wild for many years.
I see certain jack rabbits enough so that I nearly come to know them as individuals.
The cute little cotton-tails I know only by age grade. Saw one today even in this very cold weather.
Quail still visit. Haven't seen the little silver gray fox, that seemed to consider the place home, for some time.
Most reptiles a rodents are still in hibernation. Though a warm sun brings out a few little lizards.
Seems very long since I've heard a coyote sing. Did see fresh droppings on the place that indicates that I have had a full grown visitor.
The winds stir a wild dance from the larrea tridentata and the skys are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive