Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why: The Trip

My wise and kindly friend, Eleanor, recently suggested that I could benefit by considering the why of the trip. I've made an attempt to avoid her suggestion, but with less than complete success. I do usually hear what I've been told. I also forget.

I have forgotten the order of the journalistic questions (Eleanor has been a journalist as well as a poetess {a poetess is only a bit less than a poet}) of how, what, when, where, why, but have found them useful. For example:
The how of my intended travel seems easy. Choosing between ship or plane, horse or ox, Master Card or Visa seems easy (now)
The what can be well answered with 'travel' or 'a trip'
The when may be answered with 'soon'
The where has begun to seem impossible to answer. This morning I awoke ready to reserve a flight to Panama. There I could think. From there it is easy to get to Trinidad, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, or Samoa. I could get a slow boat to South Africa. Now this afternoon I have changed. I'm learning to spell Seoul correctly and am thinking of Seattle and the great circle route. Where is opaque to me.
Why is a bit clearer. Ah, motive! I can certainly rationalize motive. I may even approach a truer more precise reason for this proposed 'walk about.'

Of course I could grow bored with it all. Have you ever thought an idea to death? I could just decide to stay here and observe the round tails until I discover how the open the bitter gourds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive