Thursday, September 11, 2008

When Will I Know I"m "There?"


Further consideration of the how of this trip may be called for as well as for the why of it.
How includes conditions, right? I have already written a bit about conditions. For example: flights are to be of less than 10 hours; bus trips less than 5; there must be plenty of sleep and rest. Now I add some conditions: good companionship; good conversation; play in water, travel on water.
It's a lot for me to keep in mind. I hope you find some use for this discussion.

What may I say about the why of this trip?
Why? to:



  • get out of town

  • get out of the house

  • get newness and variety I have craved

  • experience discovery

  • experience exploration

  • experience fun and joy

  • experience love and compassion

  • go where this man has never gone before

  • look for a home (?)

  • be energized

  • urge myself to greater alertness and awareness

  • get into pleasant hot water

  • go one step beyond the step beyond

  • be where the air is pure

  • travel on water in sight of the shore

  • enjoy a hot mineral water spa

  • play in and on the water

  • learn a language

  • come to better understand a culture other than my own


There are others, but these come directly to mind.


Which of the items above seem most specific to a particular trip or destination? Most of them could be accomplished on any trip. Many can be done at home. The items most useful in selecting a destination are the destination specific. It's beginning to seem easy and simple. Those most destination specific are:


1. travel on water in sight of shore


2. enjoy a hot mineral water spa


3. be where the air is most pure


So, an ideal destination would include one or more of the three enumerated. There are hot water health spas not far from the Danube. I wonder it there is any very clean air along its length.


It seems I do have reasons to travel and some idea of what constitutes an attractive destination.













There are others,but these come immediately to mind


Which of these whys are most specific to a specific trip. Most of the the whys above I could accomplish on any trip. Most of them I can do at home. I'll note the items which seem particular to more specific trips or destinations: travel on or by water where the



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive