Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Travel Decision


This travel decision has turned out to be a greater challenge than I expected.
Once, when we were children, I informed my sister that I had a headache, she, showing a fine grasp on the situation, responded, "Oh, Richard, it's all in your head." It is all in my head and uncomfortable.

There are some facts to go on:
1. I want to get "on the road" now. Very few preparations remain, if one discounts reservations, tickets, visas, and the like.
2. I can afford to spend only about $60 a day or $1800 a month at home or abroad.
3. I know I can travel and live comfortably enough in most of the world within that price-range.
4. I know that there are parts of the world in which I cannot travel comfortably within that price-range. Those parts include Japan, Western Europe, and the good old U.S. of A.
5. I manage to live well enough here at Camp Thunderbird on my available $1800 and put aside a bit!
6. Keeping to a pre-arranged itinerary is neither easy nor satisfying for me.

Some other points of information are:
1. Kevin, a friend who knows Thailand, would like to meet me there in October. Great!
2. My sister, Gerry, has offered to put me in contact with a relative in Norway who is a historian interested in our family history. Great!
3. Rex, a good friend whose birthday is close to mine has invited me to stay at his place for a week in mid-month ant the time of his birthday. No gift expected and we'd be able to explore a bit of the State of Mississippi. Great!
4. Top travel "destinations" of the moment include: China, Germany, Colombia, Sweden, Uruguay, Switzerland, and Japan.
5. I'm thinking that traveling around Us for a time briefly touching base with family and friends in about 10 locations. I wonder what my brother, Dorian, is doing.
6. I want to travel more restfully, in shorter hops, with more companionship than I have in recent years.

Can I do it all? Can I start?
Yes, it is all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive