Monday, May 24, 2010

Jablon, Lutenberg, Litzburg

I'm imagining that the towns mentioned in the title are Prussian, although they or their iterations are probably called German or Polish today.

I"m interested in Lutenberg, Litzburg, and Jablon as they were from about 1850 to about 1900 because I believe that I had relatives in that area thinking about moving to the U. S. Those relatives surnames included: Daniels, Danielewski, Goczwelski, Miller, and Zgozelski.

~ I'd like to be able to see the geographic location and relative positions on a map.

~ I'd like to see maps of that area showing political changes from 1850 to the present day.

~ I'd to know the spelling and pronunciation of these towns in the Language of the Poles, Germans, and Prussians living there.

Please email me or leave comments here to tell me anything you may know about "Litzburg," "Lutenberg," and "Jablon" and their history that you can.
I'd also be very interested in persons with the surnames mentioned above who lived in or near the three places I have mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive