Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Breathing Exercises

My intention here is to begin to list and describe about twenty breathing exercises.

Everything done on purpose in life in which one is aware of breathing might correctly be called a breathing exercise. I want to list here only the exercises in which breathing seems to be the main focus. Still my choices are, of course, arbitrary.

The first exercise I am listing is a boarderline case.

ba:
Tighten abdominal muscle while breathing.
~ Stand with your arms stretched out in from of the body slightly above chest level, palms down.
~ Inhale completely, so that your lungs fill with air and the chest expands.
~ Then begin to exhale slowly; using mainly the abdominal muscles to force air out of the lungs.
~ As you exhale, slowly drop your arms to your sides and tighten your abdominal muscles as much as you can.
~ Bring arms up as you inhale.
~ repeat about seven times.
~ Practice until you are breathing smoothly and rhythmically.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive