Sunday, June 28, 2009

Around Camp Thunderbird

Animal natives note, but seem little disturbed by, the construction going on.
Right now, there are four ravens drinking at my cooler water drain as they casually keep a persistent half grown road runner from doing the same.
Handsome desert iguanas use piles of rubble or materials as lookout posts during mating season.
Round-tailed ground squirrels use everything for shade or hang outs as though it were made specifically for them.
Jack rabbits check out each change with a concentration that reminds me of a house cat.
Cotton tail hop around in the here and now as though nothing has changed.
Removing a shed discovered snakes and geckos.
A side-winder left its distinctive trail along the berm to which new bit and hunks of broken concrete had been added.
Quail lead their well-grown chicks around seeming to use the changes as a teaching opportunity as they snack on newly uncovered bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive