Saturday, June 27, 2009

Earned SS Benefits Should Be Paid

California teachers do not receive the same Social Security benefits when they retire as others with the same contribution history.
Why?
I admit that I don't know the history of this situation. I do know that California is one of the 15 states where this injustice prevails.
I do see that a combined CalSTRS pension and this penalized Social Security benefits makes it very difficult to retire with dignity. It does seem to me that earned Social Security benefits should be paid to individuals who have earned those benefits.
If you find yourself interested you could check out HR 235, S 484, AJR 10.
You might contact your local representative.
You might contact Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi at
http://www.house.gov/pelosi/contact.html or
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid at
http://reid.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive