Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tough Realization

I left the hotel about mid-afternoon. I drove for about 48 non-stop hours, not including the drive from Erendida to Maravatio. I drove all day and all night for two days with diarrhea.

As as hint of what it was like; I scratched a toe on barbed wire climbing through a fence to relieve myself.

I guess that's the 'disaster.' It was unpleasant, but not a disaster. What seemed like a disaster is my realization that I am no longer strong enough nor alert enough to handle this kind of solo driving trip. It is a blessing rather than a disaster. It's a blessing to discover that it is no longer a good idea for me to take these solo driving trips. It is good to be alerted to the facts before a real disaster occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive