Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who in the world is Melchor Ocampo?

I can avoid telling about the 'disaster' a while longer. It´s just a matter of poor judgement and old age any way.

I believe that I've already mentioned my stay in Patzcuaro. Tell Bridget that I did,t climb the hill on the island this time. From the hotel in which I stayed, however, I could see the lake and the island as well as the tops of the buildings around Patzcuaro´s two main plazas. The Patzcuaro area was home to, at least, two important pre-columbian civilizations.

Morelia is a great city. Like every great city it has evidence of air polution. I stayed only long enough to have some work done on the Astro. It is running well, but is beginning to look as old as I am. I have pushed it and myself a bit hard. I´d say the Astro is holding up better.

Falsely blamed a housekeeping girl at a hotel of poorly making my bed. Promptly made complete amends.

Some brief time before my arrival in Michoacan I began to note signs of an intestinal infection. I took a fecal sample to the lab today. Usual remedies have failed me this time.

Back to the trip. From Erendida, by round-about roads, I arrived in Maravatio de Ocampo. I did not visit its famous theater or the hot baths there. I did check into an attractive hotel and got a very nice little room for P200. I had a good conversation with the lady owner. She was about my my age and still very attractive. She was an interesting conversationalist.
There was wi-fi available and a young woman from across the hall and I were on my bed trying set up my laptop. We really hadn't been introduced so I said in what I intended to be a light friendly way, 'Who are you anyway?' She may have taken it badly because she did not answer and began slamming the metal door of her room and doing great damage to my nervous system.

So began the 'disaster.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive