Thursday, March 05, 2009

East by Southeast

From my parking spot near Salton sea I drove to Yuma, Arizona and on toward Tucson. As I drove I began some mental calculations and came to some conclusions. I concluded that I could not now afford long term travel in the US. I find that to enjoy myself these days it costs me a minimum of about $200 a day while driving my own vehicle.
I continued my claculations and was forced to conclude that not only could I not afford long term travel in the US, but that I could not afford to do so even without a car and in cheaper `third world` countries. So, not only am I too old and weak for varieties of travel, but also do not have the wealth to do so within my comfort zone.
Sometimes reality comes with clarity as one drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive