Friday, November 14, 2008

Reinterpret

Have you read:
The Origins of the Cuban Revolution Revisited
by Samuel Farber?
Me neither.
I read that it goes into recently declassified U.S. and Soviet documents and Cuban biographical and narrative literature to reinterpret the island nation's radical shifts between 1959 and 1961.
What were you doing during those years? I ended up in Colombia after a slow trip through Central America. While I was in Honduras I was offered a 'beca' to study in Cuba. Went to Columbia instead.
The Origins of the Cuban Revolution Revisited was published fairly recently by The University of North Carolina Press.
Might prove enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive