Friday, October 24, 2008

Porto Alegre

It is beginning to feel like it is time for me to move less in the jostling, sounding, power of the world and more in the gentle tranquillity, the quiet reality, the silent energy, the beautiful calm of a deep inner undrstanding. Getting old, I guess. It is certain that this 71 year old doesn't have the energy and strength of that 31 year old I was.

I'm in the great city of Porto Allegre and thinking of home. Yes, the history, luxury, industry, trade, sea, cattle, Woody Woodpecker, and general great birdng of this part of Brazil seem less attactive than does my desert home.

Let's see, what have I learned recently, Uruguayans like wiskey, cows, and off track beting. Brazilians like Woody the Woodpecker.

No spellcheck.

2 comments:

  1. Brazil may be the first place I visit next. Woody Woodpecker is a good description of my latest haircut. Maybe I will start a trend.

    What is your mode of transportation? It sounds like trains and/or buses? Or are there too many people? Also, sounds as if meditation is your answer.

    mousse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check-out Rio and tell me about it.
    I feel the need to see your haircut. YOU may start a trend.
    I'm back in U.S. Flew.
    Much of my travel in Uruguay and Brazil was in comfortable long distant buses.
    In trying to stay in cheaper places I began to run into too much noise and found myself using two hotels a night to find quiet.
    Finally, a brilliant idea came to me like a revelation. "If I used what I was paying for two mediochre hotels toward one excellent hotel, might I not be more likely to get the quiet Icraved!"
    If I had been meditating, the 'revelation' might have come sooner.

    ReplyDelete

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive