Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crossing the Border

Hello again!
I am at the Brazilian border in the shopping town of Chuy on the Uruguayan side or Chui on the Brazilian side. The Brazilian side is celebrating the founding of the town today. I stayed here last night at a place quiet enough for me to sleep well at 'only' about $15 US. I'll stay here again tonight so that I may finish taking care of business for crossing into Brazil. Part of the business is paying the Brazilian Consulate over $150.00 for a visa. That is high enough for me to call it retaliatory.

Don't know whether the spellcheck is in Spanish or Portuguese. It is in Portuguese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive