Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Panama Too

They tell me that grain and oil are the two biggest money items passing through the Canal, but one sees a very great number of cantainer ships passing through.

Outside of Panama City, near the Canal between the Pedro Miguel locks and the community of Gambao is Summit. Summit is a small, interesting zoo located a large piece of land that began as something of a botanical experimental station. Many of the plants brought from the orient and other places of similar climate. I think the Missouri Botanical Gardens are still associated with Summit.

Tomorrow I will probably head for Lima.

Still no english spellcheck.

2 comments:

  1. Panama wow! Will I ever see Panama? Should I see Panama?

    Figured out you had left when I began to get your mail.

    Will this be your first visit to Lima?

    Mousse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panama is worth a visit!
    Hi bb! It's you!
    Cheaper than States, but still a bit expensive.
    Don't do as I do. Get a package tour to visit islands and if you have time spend some time in the high country, perhaps on a coffee plantation.
    No not first visit to Lima.
    Save all cash.

    ReplyDelete

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive