Monday, September 22, 2008

Ñeque


John McCain has probably never eaten ñeque, but he has probably seen them here in Panama, perhaps near his home in the Zone. Here they say a ñeque is like a rabbit, but it is a rather sweet rodent of another kind.

Patacones are grilled plantains which to my pallet are very tasty.

Espiritu Santo is the national flower of Panama. I suspect that it is an orchid. I is a fairly large plant with a small, pretty, white flower with a somewhat dove like aspect.
Its dovelikeness is from whence comes the reference to the Holy Spirit.

Still possible to find a new house here for $40,000 in an okay area.

Most homes here have a variety of fruits and spices growing in their gardens. Still I was surprised to find black pepper growing in many yards. Reminded me of South East Asia. Green is its color as it grows, of course. Green it is eaten in salads and many other dishes. I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive