Sunday, July 20, 2008

Grateful and Gratifying

New Orleans is big, beautiful, lively, friendly, and tasty. I'm talking about NOLA people and their culture, geography counts for something. Seems right to talk about the Big Easy.
Up river, down river, West Side, canals, bayous its easy to find an energizing nudge in the perspective, and a good meal at the same time.
Lots of good conversation available, and when you don't need to talk you can dance your butt off to music that flows in the ears and around the whole body.
In the greater New Orleans area you can experience some of the most well matured parts of the good old U. S. of A.
I flew out of New Orleans a couple of years younger than I was when I got there. My emotional energy was cranked up a notch or two and I had a calm smile on my face that might have been broad enough to suggest just a tiny bit of naughtiness.
It's high culture laid back
The people have had some hellish weather and have handled it in a heavenly way.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time in the Big Easy. Did you get your "problem" look at.

    I just went to Mexico and have been sick for over a week. That is the last time I go there.

    Are you continuing to travel?
    Mousse

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOLA was a healthy pleasure.

    Did not follow through with Tropical Medication appointments at Tulane. I wqs still finishing a generic for Flgyl.

    Hope you are truly better. Where were you in Mexico.

    I imagine that I will continue to travel, but will try to baby myself and to care for my health to better effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into the whole "worrying where my food is grown" but maybe I should be. Sorry no ideas for you there. Thank you I think my marine is very handsome too :). About the whole turtle thing when my son was 2 months old we noticed he kinda acts like a turtle and still does, hence the nickname turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just wondering if you got my other comment I didn't see it show up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy Brown,
    Your very welcome coments are here.
    I'm glad that you are not into worrying.
    Being resposible in our relationships tkes plent of energy without worry.
    I've forgotten your son's name, but do feel a bit curious about how he acts like a turtle. Hard to tell from pic.

    ReplyDelete

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive