Saturday, October 10, 2009

California Teachers Are Still Losing SS Quarters

Teachers pay into their retirement account. Their pension is not a free benefit. Unlike many corporate workers teachers have been required to pay 8% of their salary into an account with the California State Teachers Retirement System. This is a higher rate than most workers pay into Social Security.Further, by a great travesty of law, teachers lose most of all moneys they earn under
SS. Teachers made and make their monthly contributions in good faith and deserve not to lose the modest pensions they were promised.

I had SS deducted from my pay for forty years. Why must I lose that just because I taught for 20 Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive