Sunday, September 27, 2009

Science?

Psychology is a science, in important part, to the extent to which its language can clearly communicate empirical findings. A clearly understood classification system is a big help toward that end. Make sure you know what they are talking about. When I don't understand what they are talking about, I suspect that they don't either.

A great value of science is that it facilitates the communication of knowledge.
A classification system need not become dogmatic.
Because a finding is empirical does not mean that it has been subjected to the methods of science.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive