Tuesday, December 30, 2008

SNO

I have received a ten page holiday letter from the people of the School of the Natural Order. I intend to respond with a couple of pages. I won't describe the school here. You can start to find out about it by searching the www using "Vitvan," "SNO," "School of the Natural Order."

Vitvan is a name taken by a man whose words I have studied a great deal. "The School" has been the source of those words for me.

In their Christmas letter Marj, Val, Jane, Jim, B. Free, Bill and others associated with Home Farm and "the School" offer the word "gift" as the seed of a meditation. I think that offer is a gift.

Formal giving is an infinitesimal part of my life. I seldom give money to charities. I seldom send a Christmas or birthday card to even the closest friends and relatives. I do enjoy nurturing others in my own way.

In the holiday letter five specific questions are asked. I will repeat the questions and attempt answers:
SNO: What does membership in the School of the Natural Order mean to you?
Me: Nothing.

SNO: Should there be responsibility associated with that membership?
Me: I don't know what "that membership" is. It does seem that most memberships would include interaction, cooperation, and creation.

SNO: Should membership be renewed or allowed to expire?
Me: I don't understand the question. I do know that usually, as members expire the body dies.

SNO: What should the the school do for its members?
Me: Keeping them healthy would be useful.

SNO: Do you feel that you are a member of the school?
Me: No.

My answers are my own. If you have found,say, the Salvation Army or the ACLU worthy of your support you may find SNO to be, at least, as worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive