Friday, August 22, 2008

Lively Desert Sand

There are none of the well-grown desert iguanas to seen these days. They had been getting big enough to be a bit intimidating, if one didn't know that they are vegetarians.

I have seen a pair of elegant chipmunks heading to or from my patio these days. They are the largest I've seen in these regions. Their full curled tails have a bit more white near their nicely bushed ends. Their nicely marked fur fits their healthy bodies just right. They could be called regal. The little fox might call one of them a banquet.

There have been lots of lizards around, mostly very young ones. Those most in evidence these days are the very speedy ones, nearly white in color, with a set of black strips circling the upper part of their tails. Those tails curl upwards when these guys are showing off their speed. I guess that right now they are mostly of an age we could call pre-teen. I'm not sure, but do suspect that they are eating some of the small ants living in many colonies in a wide circle around my home. Many had been living in my house and their dispersion is a direct result of our wars. I have been trying to keep them from organizing a counter attack.

There has also been a solitary road runner close around the house. He is probably eating some of the little wiptailed lizards, He'll be working hard to earn those tiny mouths full. He'd eat better if the portly iguanas hadn't become cautious enough to spend their days under the sand.





3 comments:

  1. One would think because of climate changes, the chipmunks would be getting leaner. Why would they be larger?

    Would the lizards or the ants be organizing a counter attack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chipmunks are probably moving in from a different biom.

    In my imagination its the ants that would be doing the organizing.

    For anyone interested in dangerous change or happenings it might be better to consider the enourmous sins that United Fruit has made in your name with your money.
    From 1960 to 1980 I tried to alert my fellows and nearly no interest was shown. I was late on the scene but soon discovered that my fellow citizens were more interested in unblemished bananas then in the inocent foreign blood they shed so freely.
    Now that that particular organized killing of innocents has stopped, there is more interest then there has ever been including popular books.

    Now it is your present murders you refuse to look at.
    Would you say I've gown bitter?
    I'd say I'm just beginning to accept the reality of our bloddy murder and am considering the removal of my name from the rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I really want to encourage comments. I am very grateful for your comments. I am very grateful for the kindness and beauty in my life.

    That said, I still see the bloody present reality.
    And I still dispair at they who will not see.
    I still see the horrid refusal to take resposibility.

    ReplyDelete

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive