Sunday, June 01, 2008

Film, Movies, Sex and Violence

I like movies.
I don't talk about movies very well, but I love to read your comments.
There are a lot of good movies out there, but it is not always easy to find them. WWW.netflix.com has been a big help to me, but I want and need more help.
If one counts the movies made in Argentina and Zazibar there are a lot of them out there and they are not all good for me. Even some of those I choose carefully are not good for me. I need help.
I even needed help to recognize the therapy value of "Angle A." I call it "Angela."
Consider movies as therapy. It's cheaper.
Please add your discussion and recommendations in "comments" below.
I'll try to do my share by mentioning a film which seems worth viewing from time to time.

9 comments:

  1. "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"
    I enjoy the wit that makes this movie enjoyable time after time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched "Au Revoir Les Enfants" 1987 French. Not too gentle reminder of WWII. On a s scale of 1-5 I'd give it a three and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does it say about me that I enjoy British murder mysteries? Or British period pieces?

    "Shipping News" and "Life as a House" moved me. They took chances, made an effort to connect with someone, maybe made my problems less important.

    Sometimes a film will force me to examine how I live my life. Or a breathtaking scene will bring me to tears.
    bb

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Murmur of the Heart" Seems the French think jazz is for bad boys.
    Three and thre-quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Responce to mousse 6-4-8
    I hope it doesn't mean that you enjoy murder. Enjoying mystries and things British seems less scary than enjoying murder. I like a well done period pieces. Some British movies provied one an opportunity to actually hear a conversation.
    Beauty or excellence can bring a tear to my eye --- on or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watched the dvd Ram Das made a bit after a stroke. I found it,from moment to moment, okay. I give it 3 and 7/8ths

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the movie ROCKY , don't get mad get even!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the 'don't get mad, get even" T shirts.

    I may watch the 1999 film "Himalaya" tonight.
    Guess it could be called a fild of manners.
    It's a Tibetan happening.

    I liked "Shipping News."

    ReplyDelete

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive