Sunday, June 08, 2008

Awareness

Whitebark pines once thrived in Yellowstone's higher elevations. Now they are dying because mountain pine Beatles live through milder winters in greater numbers to attack the pines more aggressively and in greater numbers. As the white pines die there are fewer white pine nuts produced. The grizzly bears of Yellowstone fatten for hibernation on white pine nuts. With fewer nuts available the bears are less able to survive in good health through the winter. Grizzles are capable animals, they may well learn to fatten on other nuts. If present tends continue you there will probably be no White pines in Yellowstone within less than a decade.

I am pleased to be aware that the climate in California is tending to be warmer in these decades.
Plants are moving higher to find more congenial temperature. Animals follow the food chain.

Climates change. The world and the Universe are in constant flux. That flux is not a reason for guilt or blame; not even when that flux may be driven by human activity.

I don't mind taking some responsibility about that which is happening around me. I find it good to be aware of what is happening. Thus I learn the laws of cause and effect. Knowledge of those laws may save me some grief. Meanwhile I find getting understanding fun.

Check: Yellowstoneassociation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive