Monday, May 19, 2008

Home on the Desert

The Sky and roads carry more traffic than ever. The media still brings me the problems of the world.
Still, watching a pink snake, big and beautiful, gliding and nosing across my front yard this morning reminded me that earlier I had seen the jack rabbits sitting in the shade of the creosote bushes: which reminded me that I had nearly stepped on a tiny, half grown, cotton tail yesterday evening: which reminded me yesterday I had watched two strapping alligator lizards making love not far from my kitchen door; which reminded me that my cactus is blooming; which reminded me that I still hear coyotes and even see some handsome desert iguanas from time to time; which reminds me that my world is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out older posts. Comment on a post by clicking on its title

About Me

My photo
Colombia
I discover, get understanding, enjoy myself, and take care of business.

My Blog List

Blog Archive